What can be said about ‘Game of Thrones,’ in all its dramatic complexity, without giving some type of spoiler? Not much.
That’s why I’m going to keep this introduction short and sweet and say if you’re a ‘Game of Thrones’ lover, you’re in the right place.
It’s always fun to see what the characters from our favorite TV shows looked like before they became those characters on our favorite TV show. Who were they before they took the plunge into the GOT realm to never come out quite the same? You’re about to find out.
1. Sean Bean – Here’s Sean Bean, aka Ned Stark, at the Los Angeles premiere of ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’ back in 2001. To the right is Sean Bean 14 years later at the premiere of ‘Jupiter Ascending.’ I think it’s safe to say he’s aged well.
2. Aidan Gillen – An Irish actor, Gillen is best known for his portrayal of Peter Baelish, often referred to as ‘Littlefinger,’ on Game of Thrones. But believe it or not, in 2000, Gillen was just another actor attending an event for ‘The Low Down’ with really frosted tips. Fast forward to 2017 and here’s Gillen embracing the silver fox look at the premiere of season 7 of ‘Game of Thrones.’
3. Nathalie Emmanuel – On the left is an 18-year-old Nathalie Emmanuel (2007), years before she got the GOT gig, in a floral crop top and matching low-rise pants. On the right is Emmanuel, also at the premiere of season seven of ‘Game of Thrones’ in 2017, looking fabulous in a bold red lip.
4. Emilia Clarke – On the left is a young Emilia Clarke in the straight-to-TV movie ‘Triassic Attack,’ a 2010 film about a roadside museum owner who accidentally brings to life three dinosaur fossils. On the right is the Mother of Dragons embracing her character’s icy blonde locks at the 2018 Critics’ Choice Awards.
5. Iwan Rheon – On the left is Iwan Rheon, who plays Ramsay Bolton, at the ‘Demons Never Die’ premiere in 2011, while on the right is Rheon in 2017 for the ABC TCA Summer Press Tour.
6. Kit Harrington – These pictures may only be 6 years apart, but Harrington looks super young back in 2012 with his face shaved clean. Harrington has now embraced the scruff, like many other Hollywood actors, as seen here at the 2018 Golden Globes.
7. Maisie Williams – Maisie Williams shared a picture on Instagram of her tween self shortly after getting the life-changing role of Arya Stark in ‘Game of Thrones,’ which premiered in 2011. Fast forward to 2017, and Arya is all grown up and looking beautiful in this canary-yellow gown at the 2017 Golden Globe Awards.
8. Jason Momoa – Now known as Aquaman, Jason Momoa has come a long way from his days playing Khal Drogo, leader of the Dothraki. Although he still seems to be embracing the character’s rugged looks. On the left is Momoa in 2010, 1 year before the ‘Game of Thrones’ premiere. On the right is Momoa at CinemaCon 2018.
9. Iain Glen – You’re probably thinking to yourself, ‘Who is this imposter on the right?’ Believe it or not, it’s Iain Glen at the 2001 premiere of ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’ (he played Manfred Powell in case you’re now racking your brain trying to remember). On the right is Glen at the 2017 ‘Game of Thrones’ season 7 premiere looking more like his character on the show, Jorah Mormont.
10. Nathalie Dormer – Dormer, on the other hand, looks like she hasn’t changed at all. You’ll probably be surprised to find these pictures are 12 years apart! On the left is Dormer at the premiere of ‘Casanova’ back in 2005, while on the right is Dormer leaving the Theatre Royal in London in 2017.
11. Jerome Flynn – You might not know that long before Flynn got the GOT gig, he was actually a performer. Along with his co-star Robson Green on the TV series ‘Soldier Soldier,’ the two became a singing duo who called themselves Robson & Jerome, and released their first chart-topping single in 1995. Flynn, now 55, is best known for his role as Bronn in ‘Game of Thrones.’
12. Peter Dinklage – Now known for playing Tyrion Lannister on ‘Game of Thrones,’ this 48-year-old American actor was already well-known for his breakthrough roles in the 2003 films ‘The Station Agent’ and ‘Elf.’ The picture on the left is Dinklage at the 2005 premiere of ‘Ghost Whisperer,’ while on the right is Dinklage at the season 6 premiere of GOT in 2016, 11 years later.
13. Gwendoline Christie – On the left is Gwendoline Christie performing at the London Palladium back in 2009. Christie’s life is looking quite different these days though, since taking on the role of Brienne of Tarth on ‘Game of Thrones.’ On the right is Christie at the 2018 HBO Post Golden Globe Party.
14. Carice van Houten – The 41-year-old Dutch actress became well-known for her role in the award-winning film ‘Black Book,’ but you probably know her best as the seductive Melisandre on ‘Game of Thrones.’ Take a look at young Carice in the photo on the left. According to Carice, that photo was taken in 1990 meaning the actress was only 14 at the time!
15. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau – Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has also embraced the scruffy look since this 2007 photo (left). On the right is Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister, at the HBO Golden Globes afterparty in 2018.
16. Michael McElhatton – Michael McElhatton, who plays Roose Bolton on GOT, took on quite a different look for his role as Rats in the 2004 film ‘Spin The Bottle.’ McElhatton looks quite different in the photo on the right from 2017, at the National Geographic’s ‘Genius’ Premiere Screening.
Click ‘NEXT POST’ to read more stories like this one and don’t forget to ‘SHARE’ with friends on Facebook!
The post What 16 ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors Looked Like When They Were Young appeared first on Providr.com.
– via https://www.providr.com