There’s a lot of bad relationship advice going around, so our best advice is…don’t believe everything you hear!
Although an unbiased, third-person perspective can help clear some things up when it comes to your dating life, it can just as often steer us in the wrong direction.
The problem with outside advice is they don’t know your relationship, or yourself, better than you do. We’re not suggesting you shun any advice that comes your way – we’re just saying the next time you hear these common relationship tips, consider how much it actually applies to you.
1. “Lower your standards” – According to Nicole Martinez Psy.D., “There is nothing wrong with knowing what qualities are important to you and why. It is important to be with someone who embodies that.”
2. “You need to change him/ her” – It’s important to recognize you can’t change your partner’s entire character to fit your expectations, either. If you’re trying to change everything about your partner, psychotherapist Patrick Wanis tells Glamour it’s the relationship that isn’t working, not them.
3. “Never Go To Bed Angry” – Common advice suggests you shouldn’t go to sleep until all issues have been resolved with your partner. However, Nicole Martinez says there’s actually nothing wrong with it; sleeping on it can help you both discuss the argument with a clear head in the morning.
4. “The fun doesn’t last” – The person you choose to share your life with should make your life better. Although the excitement from the beginning of the relationship will fade, Psych Central states that fun is part of a healthy, happy relationship.
Click ‘NEXT PAGE’ for more bad relationship advice you shouldn’t follow and ‘SHARE’ with friends on Facebook!
The post 7+ Pieces of Bad Relationship Advice You Should Never Follow appeared first on Providr.com.
– via https://www.providr.com