Cooking is one of the great skills to learn. Being able to prepare and serve a great meal is one of the most satisfying parts of life, but some people just can’t figure out the nitty-gritty details of being in the kitchen. That’s why these great cooking tips are here to help you become a better chef.
From the prep to the cooking, to the plating, these cooking tips and tricks will make any dish that much better. Any chef worth their salt will take this cooking advice to heart and utilize every one of these great cooking tips for their next meal.
Cooking isn’t just about applying heat to food and sticking it on a plate. There are many important cooking tips and tricks to add depth and flavor to any dish, as well as making prep easier and cutting down on time spent in the kitchen (which is always a good thing). Bon appetit!
1. How to properly dice an onion: Remove the stem and skin from the onion and cut it in half. Start with horizontal cuts, then lengthwise vertical cuts, then slice the onion across.
2. Turn down the heat on peppers: One of the great cooking tips is making chili and jalapeno peppers less spicy. Cut the peppers and remove the seeds and membrane.
3. Start by chopping garlic: By letting garlic sit, you release its main antioxidant compound, allicin. To peel garlic cloves more easily, crush them under the blade of your knife. The skin comes right off.
4. Store spices properly: Heat and light are the enemies of spices, sapping them of all their flavor. Always store your spices in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
Click on ‘Next Page’ for more great cooking tips, and don’t forget to SHARE this with your friends on Facebook.
The post 16 Cooking Tricks Passed Down From The Most Prominent Chefs appeared first on Providr.com.
– via https://www.providr.com