I think we all have that one friend who pretty much dominates every holiday. There’s the one friend we have who, just like department stores, gets ready for Christmas in November, the one who always hosts Thanksgiving dinner and the one who puts more time and effort into their Halloween costume than we ever did.
When it comes to celebrity Halloweens, Heidi Klum is the one who definitely decimates the competition. From her dressing up like an older version of herself to donning the fur of a chimpanzee, Klum posts photos on her social media accounts every year of how long it takes her to get ready for the holiday. She spends hours getting her hair and makeup done and always comes out looking like an entirely different person.
We’ve gathered a list of some of her (and Seal’s) best years for a little Halloween inspiration.
1. In 2008, Klum dressed like the Hindu goddess Kali, complete with multiple arms and blue body paint. Klum said her assistant recommended the costume given that Klum and husband Seal had been to India the previous year. She began looking at images of Kali online and told reporters, “I loved it because she’s so mean and killed all these different people and [had] fingers hanging off [her] and little shrunken heads everywhere.” Though her costume may have wowed people on the red carpet, the getup did upset several others, including Indo-American statesman Rajan Zed. Zed released a statement saying, “Goddess Kali is highly revered in Hinduism and she is meant to be worshipped in temples and not to be used in clubs for publicity stunts or thrown around loosely for dramatic effects. Hindus welcome Hollywood and other entertainment industries to immerse themselves in Hinduism, but they should take it seriously and respectfully, and not just use the religion for decoration or to advance their selfish agenda.”
2. In 2006, Klum and Seal dressed like the forbidden fruit of Eden with Seal donning the blonde version of Eve. The apple worked out well, too, because it strategically hid her baby bump at the time.
3. Klum went back in time with her costume in 2002. The ever-famous and symbol of sass Betty Boop made an appearance at the annual Halloween party with Klum ensuring she had Boop’s classic curls and her little red dress. Boop made her first appearance back in 1930 in Dizzy Dishes.
4. In a costume that admittedly scared her children, Klum dressed up like a much older version of herself a couple of years ago in 2013. When she was interviewed by Us Magazine about the getup she said, “I take Halloween very seriously, so I’m not a fan of a thrown-together costume […] But seriously, I’d rather stay home than go out in an uninspired costume.”
Click ‘NEXT PAGE‘ to read more and SHARE with your own comments!
The post 24 Times Heidi Klum Took Halloween Costumes To The Next Level appeared first on Providr.com.
– via https://www.providr.com