Acne is terrible and can really hurt a person’s self-esteem. Whether you have acne as a teenager or if it’s adult onset acne, it can seriously be a drag. Since we all dream of “perfect skin”, it’s easy to do a quick google search to find out how to help clear up your complexion.
The internet always delivers; it’s full of methods that claim to get rid of acne. But like most things, you shouldn’t believe everything you read. Especially when it comes to your skin, and especially if you have sensitive skin.
More often than not, easy-fix methods have the opposite effect and can actually make your skin worse. Make sure to do thorough research before you try any acne-solution on your face. Below is a list of myths about acne and acne-solutions that have been debunked. Hopefully, it will make your road to clear skin easier!
1. The way you eat and what you eat doesn’t affect the spread of acne: There is an old myth that says that there is no relationship between your diet and acne but science has debunked this idea. Products with a high glycemic index as well as the hormones that are contained in milk can cause acne and clog your pores.
2. Smoking causes acne: There are a plethora of health risks associated with smoking like cancer and lung disease, but causing acne is not one of them. Smoking does slow down skin regeneration, which causes acne to heal more slowly. It does not, however, cause acne.
3. Makeup/cosmetics cause acne: This is a half-truth. Not all cosmetics are bad for your skin. Try searching for products that are labeled as noncomedogenic as they are made specifically for problem skin. Also, avoid all products containing alcohols and oils as they cause dryness and will clog your pores, respectively.
4. Tanning helps clear acne: This is a harmful misconception. UV rays can actually cause the emergence of more acne. If you currently have acne, stay away from tanning for excessive periods of time. If you have to be in the sun, be sure to use sunscreen to protect your skin from the rays and your acne potentially spreading.
Click ‘NEXT PAGE’ for more acne myths. If you found this story interesting, make sure to SHARE this post with all of your friends on Facebook.
The post 8 Myths About Acne That Are Making It Difficult For You To Get Rid Of It appeared first on Providr.com.
– via http://www.providr.com