While many may fantasize about unleashing all of our pent up work rage and storming out of the office, most of us take the high road and hand in our two weeks notice that was heavily influenced by a template found on the Internet. However, there are those who completely snapped and lived out the “I quit” dream.
It’s an exit that certainly won’t leave you with a letter of recommendation, but for some, that moment of candor is completely worth it. One Redditor asked the community’s workers if they’ve ever quit on the spot and why.
The responses may make you realize your job isn’t that bad after all. Here are 25 stories of people quitting their jobs in a less than professional manner.
1. Lunch Money: “I had reached my breaking point at my job and basically told my office manager that he couldn’t arrange a successful girl scout cookie drive let alone run a business. As a cherry on top, I told him I was going to report him to the labor board for working everyone 8.5 hours a day without lunch on my way out. The state made him cut me a check for 2.5 years of missed lunches.” (Reddit user: onetimerone)
2. The Robin Hood Exit: “I worked at Boston Market in high school and was continually given minimal hours even though I needed to be working more. When the new schedule came out, I was only given 6 hours over two weeks and that was the final straw. My last customer came in and he was clearly in a bind with money. He was buying some meals for his kids and could barely pay for it with his change. I went to the back and gave him a party platter that was enough food for at least 15 people and gave him a whole rack of fresh cornbread for free. I hung up my apron, helped him take his food to the car and then never went back.” (Reddit user: ThatGuyQuinn)
3. Sliding On Out: “My friend worked at a popular water park in Florida but was constantly complaining about his managers so decided to purposely get fired in hilarious fashion. His last shift he was the person sending people down the massive family tube ride that holds up to 6 people. For one family, he decided to not let go of the tube and slide down behind it screaming as if it were some sort of freak accident. The family was mortified and a very angry manager was waiting at the bottom of the slide to escort him out.” (Reddit user: Biscuits_For_Brunch)
4. Just The Two Of Us: “I was working at a supermarket and my boss was universally hated by everyone there. He would just yell at people and never do any actual work himself. I was ready to quit and wrote up my two weeks notice but kept it on me for the perfect moment. Two weeks later, my boss and I were opening on a busy Saturday and one of the cashiers called in sick. My boss was fuming and went on about how the shift was going to be hell with just the two of us. I smiled and handed him my noticed and walked out of the store without saying a word.” (Reddit user: derdono)
Click NEXT PAGE to read more about this story and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.
The post ‘She Micromanaged My Bathroom Breaks’: Employees Who Left Their Terrible Jobs Tell Their Stories appeared first on Providr.com.
– via http://www.providr.com